Sunday, March 08, 2009

New type of data for research

I have a friend who is a history teacher here in Minnesota and she has been a pasionate advocate for oral history and its power. While she has opened my eyes to this field, I have never really sought it out in the IT realm. On a whim I did some searching the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find the Charles Babbage Institute (CBI) and:
1) it is an IT oral history repository
2) many transcripts are available on line
3) it is located in my back yard at the U of M

I will report back on any must-read or must-listen items in the collection. Likewise, please send me any you find particularly good.

For all of you former Interop Conference Assessment Team (CAT) members it was interesting to find the Connexions report online and a reference to Ole Jacobsen as editor and publisher of The Internet Protocol Journal.

No comments: